3450 RoadReader Plus
Troxler establishes a new standard for the construction industry with the totally new, totally different Model 3450 RoadReader™ Plus.
It is the most versatile moisture/density gauge ever produced. The RoadReader Plus combines the measurement modes proven in thousands of Troxler 3400 series gauges with a patented method for true thin layer asphalt and concrete bridge deck overlay density measurement.
By combining thin layer and full depth measuring capabilities in one instrument, the RoadReader Plus is our flagship gauge in the 3400 series. With its versatility, speed, and economy the RoadReader Plus is designed to satisfy your compaction control needs at every stage of your project.
Like all 3400 series gauges, the Model 3450 meets ASTM Standard Test Methods D-6938 (replaced ASTM D-2922 and ASTM D-3017 as of November 2006), D-2950, C-1040 and AASHTO T-310.
Features & Benefits
In addition to all the features found on the Models 3430 and 3440, the Model 3450 gives you these additional features:
- No need for two different gauges as this one instrument covers all density and moisture measurement needs
- Measures thin-layer asphalt, full depth asphalt, soil, and aggregates
- Runs on quick charge NiCad batteries or alkaline batteries
- "Sleep" mode allows the gauge to conserve power when not in use
- Adjustable beeper can be heard over traffic and equipment
- Stores up to 1,000 test results
- Backlit display allows for nighttime use
- An alphabetic keypad allows you to enter notes for each project
- An 18-month warranty and over fifty years of Troxler experience give you the confidence you need in your field testing equipment
Return to All Field Equipment