Radiation FAQs

Additional Options

To Order Product Parts

Visit Our Online Cart
or call 1-877-876-9537

Radiation Safety FAQs


Please reference the Troxler Transportation Guide for the answers to the following questions:

  • How do I apply for a Radioactive Materials license?
  • How do I fill out a Radioactive Materials license application?
  • How do I calculate Dose to Members of the public?
  • What is the element name and mass number for the sources?
  • What is the chemical and physical form of the sources?
  • What are the activities of the radioactive sources?
  • What are the model numbers for the sources?
  • What should my radiation protection program look like?
  • Do I need to have a survey meter (radiation detection instrument)?
  • How do I fill out shipping papers for my gauge?
  • Where do I find Type A package testing results for my case?
  • Where do I get an emergency response sheet?
  • What emergency contact telephone number should I have?
  • How do I transport my gauge in my vehicle?
  • How do I label my shipping case?

News & Events

To stay up to date on our always evolving product features and technology, check out our
News & Events.

About Our Company

Since 1958, Troxler has been the worldwide leader in precision quality control and measurement equipment for the highway and construction industries. We are dedicated to providing full service, training, and maintenance support for all our products through our international sales and support offices in the US, Canada, Germany and through our 50 distributors around the world.

Get In Touch

Troxler Electronic Laboratories, Inc.
3008 E. Cornwallis Rd. • PO Box 12057
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone: 1.877.TROXLER (1.877.876.9537)
Outside the USA – +1.919.549.8661
Fax: +1.919.549.0761